During the school term break in June, we made a trip to the Art Garden @ Singapore Art Museum (SAM). Returning for the 4th year, it is our annual go-to event. This year, Art Garden 2013 features exciting new commissions, mesmerizing artworks and short films by talented artists. Spread across various rooms, each with it’s own delightful theme.
2. ~ 5. The Enchanted Garden City: The most popular room in the Art Garden, this whimsical room is filled with larger than life scenes from our familiar fairy tales.
6. ~ 7. Around the Day in Eighty Worlds: Enter this fascinating world of familiar objects transforming into extraordinary displays.
8. Stellar Cave II: Marvel at the beauty of the glowing constellation of stars made entirely of screws and thread.
9. ~ 10. Les rêves engloutis – Glossy Dreams in Depths: A room filled with fantasy and dreams. Discover peculiar objects, 3D drawings and holograms located at dim corners of the room.
11. LOVE. Revolve the World: A collaborative work between Singaporean sculptor Sun Yu-li and 750 students from different schools. A impressive artwork which represents the connections that exist in the universe.
If you have not brought your little one, there’s still time to make a trip down. Art Garden ends on 1 September 2013.